Brief scores: India 289/7 (Shikhar Dhawan 109, Virat Kohli 75; Lungi Ngidi 2 for 52, Kagiso Rabada 2 for 58) lost to South Africa 207/5 (Heinrich Klaasen 43*, David Miller 39; Kuldeep Yadav 2 for 51) by five wickets (D/L method)
4th ODI, statistical highlights
- Courtesy a five-wicket D/L win, South Africa maintained their 100 per cent win record in Pink ODIs, having now won all six of them.
- Captaining South Africa for the third time, Aiden Markram tasted his first ODI win, a commanding victory by five wickets and with 15 balls to spare in a match that was reduced to 28 overs on account of lightning and rain.
- Heinrich Klaasen, for his unbeaten 27-ball 43, which led his team to this vital win and keep the series alive, was awarded the man of the match.
- Playing his 100th ODI, Shikhar Dhawan made his 13th ODI hundred (a 105-ball 109, punctuated by 10 fours and two sixes), becoming the first Indian player, and ninth overall, to score a century in his 100th match.
- Virat Kohli made his 46th ODI half-century, an 83-ball 75 (7×4, 1×6), while he also shared a 158-run partnership for the second wicket with Dhawan.
- On the captaincy front, this was Kohli’s 10th defeat in 47 ODIs as captain.