Brief scores: South Africa 204/10 (Khayelihle Zondo 54; Shardul Thakur 4 for 52, Jasprit Bumrah 2 for 24, Yuzvendra Chahal 2 for 38) lost to India (Virat Kohli 129*, Ajinkya Rahane 34*; Lungi Ngidi 2 for 54) by eight wickets
6th ODI, statistical highlights
- India won the sixth ODI by wickets and with it, won this six-match series by a 1-5 margin.
- Virat Kohli made his 35th ODI century and the 21st in a run-chase, helping India chase down the target of 205 with a whopping 107 balls to spare.
- Shardul Thakur, playing his third one-day international and in place of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, registered his best ODI bowling figures of 4 for 52 in 8.5 overs.
- Virat Kohli went past 500 runs this ODI series and now holds the record for the most runs in a bilateral series (558).
- This was Virat Kohli’s 38th win as Indian ODI captain, in 49 matches.