Brief scores: England 322/7 (Joe Root 113, Eoin Morgan 53, David Willey 50*; Kuldeep Yadav 3/68) beat India 236/10 (Suresh Raina 46, Virat Kohli 45; Liam Plunkett 4/46, David Willey 2/48) by 86 runs
- England recorded their 40th overall win over India and 20th on home soil, responding strongly with an 86-run victory in the 2nd ODI, at Lord’s.
- Joe Root‘s 12th ODI century (116-ball 113; 8×4, 1×6) and half-centuries from Eoin Morgan (his 38th in ODI cricket) and David Willey (his maiden ODI 50) helped England post 322/7 batting first.
- MS Dhoni took his 300th catch in One-Day International cricket.
- MS Dhoni also became the fourth Indian batsman, and 12th overall, to complete 10000 runs in ODI cricket, after Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid. He is also the fifth-fastest to get to 10000 ODI runs, reaching the landmark in his 273rd ODI innings.
- Virat Kohli tasted his 11th defeat as Indian ODI captain, leading India for the 51st time in the format.