Brief scores: West Indies 283/9 (Shai Hope 95, Ashley Nurse 40, Shimron Hetmyer 37; Jasprit Bumrah 4/35, Kuldeep Yadav 2/52) beat India 240/10 (Virat Kohli 107, Shikhar Dhawan 35; Marlon Samuels 3/12, Obed McCoy 2/38) by 43 runs
3rd ODI statistical highlights
- India suffered their 412th ODI loss overall and the 62nd against the West Indies, losing the third match of the series by 43 runs in Pune.
- Fabian Allen became the 188th ODI player for West Indies, replacing Devendra Bishoo in the playing XI for the 3rd ODI.
- Asked to bat first after Virat Kohli won a third consecutive toss, Shai Hope anchored the West Indies innings with a 113-ball 95, his seventh ODI half-century, studded with six fours and three sixes.
- Jasprit Bumrah recorded bowling figures of 4/35 in 10 overs on his return to the Indian ODI team and joined Mohammed Shami for Indian bowlers with the most wickets (76) after 42 ODI matches.
- Virat Kohli played a lone hand in India’s pursuit of 284 and made his 38th ODI century. This was his third consecutive hundred in the format—he made 140 and an unbeaten 157 in the first and second ODI of the ongoing series—making him the first Indian batsman to hold this record. This was Kohli’s 23rd ODI hundred in a run-chase and 62nd century in international cricket. He was out bowled by Marlon Samuels for 107 runs off 119 balls, an innings punctuated by 10 fours and one six, and India’s charge ended with the dismissal of their captain.
- Samuels recorded his career-best ODI bowling figures, his 3/12 pivotal to the West Indies recording their first win on the tour.
- Kohli lost his 13th ODI match as captain, leading India for the 55th time in the format.