Brief scores: West Indies 146/6 (Kieron Pollard 58, Rovman Powell 32*; Deepak Chahar 3/4, Navdeep Saini 2/34) lost to India 150/3 (Rishabh Pant 65*, Virat Kohli 59; Oshane Thomas 2/29) by 7 wickets
India vs West Indies 3rd T20 2019, key stats
- India registered their eighth T20I win over the West Indies and their 73rd overall in T20Is, helping themselves to successive T20I series whitewashes against the world T20 champion.
- Captaining India for the 25th time in T20Is, Virat Kohli registered his 14th win.
- Batting first, West Indies made 146 for six, with Kieron Pollard’s third T20I half-century, a 45-ball 58 (1 four, 6 sixes), helping them recover from 14 for three after Kohli won the toss and elected to field. Deepak Chahar registered career-best T20I bowling figures of three for 4.
- Kohli and Rishabh Pant led India’s successful run-chase with half-centuries. Kohli made his 21st T20I half-century, a 45-ball 59 (6 fours) and guided Pant through the early part of his innings. The Indian wicketkeeper finished the run-chase with a flourish by hitting a six off Carlos Brathwaite, while remaining unbeaten on 65 off 42 balls. It was his second T20I half-century, laced with four fours and four sixes.
- Rahul Chahar became the 81st T20I player for India.