Brief scorecard: Australia 389/4 (Steven Smith 104, David Warner 83, Marnus Labuschagne 70; Hardik Pandya 1/24) beat India 338/9 (Virat Kohli 89, KL Rahul 76; Pat Cummins 3/67, Josh Hazlewood 2/52) by 51 runs
Australia vs India 2nd ODI 2020, stats
- Australia took an unassailable 2-0 series lead with a 51-run victory in the second ODI at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- It was Australia’s 80th ODI victory against India and their 38th against the same opposition on home soil.
- Steven Smith led the way with the bat for Australia with his 11th ODI century, a 64-ball 104, equalling his own record for the third-fastest ODI hundred by an Australian batsman.
- Australia’s 389/4 is their highest ODI total against India.
- Half-centuries from India captain Virat Kohli and KL Rahul kept the visitors briefly in the hunt. Kohli made his 59th one-day half-century, an 87-ball 89, while Rahul made his eighth ODI fifty.
- Kohli completed 22,000 runs in international cricket. He reached the landmark in 462 innings to become the fastest batsman, bettering Sachin Tendulkar’s previous record of 493 innings.
- As India ODI captain, Kohli suffered his 26th loss.