Brief scorecard: India 302/5 (Hardik Pandya 92*, Ravindra Jadeja 66*, Virat Kohli 63; Ashton Agar 2/44) beat Australia 289/10 (Aaron Finch 75, Glenn Maxwell 59; Shardul Thakur 3/51, Jasprit Bumrah 2/43) by 13 runs
Australia vs India 3rd ODI 2020, stats
- India denied Australia a clean sweep of the three-match ODI series with a 13-run victory in the third ODI at the Manuka Oval in Canberra.
- It was India’s 14th ODI win on Australian soil.
- Unbeaten half-centuries from Hardik Pandya (76-ball 92) and Ravindra Jadeja (50-ball 66) helped India post a competitive 302/5 after being reduced to 152/5 midway through their innings. It was Hardik’s sixth ODI fifty, while Jadeja provided the final flourish and, in the process, got to his 13th one-day fifty.
- Earlier, India captain Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to complete 12,000 runs in ODI cricket, reaching the landmark in his 242nd innings and breaking legendary Sachin Tendulkar’s record of achieving the feat in his 300th innings. He went on to make his 60th ODI half-century before being prised out for a 78-ball 63 by Josh Hazlewood for the fourth successive time in ODIs.
- Chasing 303, Australia were kept in the hunt with half-centuries from captain Aaron Finch and in-form Glenn Maxwell. Finch made his 29th ODI fifty, an 82-ball 75, before holing out at long-on, while Maxwell resurrected a faltering Australian innings with a 38-ball 59 before Jasprit Bumrah castled him for the decisive action of the match. It was Maxwell’s 22nd ODI half-century.
- The victory was Virat Kohli’s 63rd as India’s ODI captain.
- Tamil Nadu’s Thangarasu Natarajan became the 232nd ODI cricketer for India after being handed the debut.