Brief scores: India 265/10 (Shreyas Iyer 80, Rishabh Pant 56; Jason Holder 4/34, Alzarri Joseph 2/54, Hayden Walsh 2/59) beat West Indies 169/10 (Odean Smith 36, Nicholas Pooran 34; Prasidh Krishna 3/27, Mohammed Siraj 3/29) by 96 runs
Statistical highlights of India vs West Indies 3rd ODI 2022
- India completed a series whitewash with a 96-run win in the third one-day international against the West Indies at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
- It was India’s 67th ODI victory in 136 meetings against the West Indies.
- It’s also the first time that India have whitewashed the West Indies 3-0 in a three-match ODI series.
- Prasidh Krishna (3 for 27) was once again the star with the ball for India, while Mohammed Siraj (3 for 29) also registered his best bowling figures in ODIs.
- Prasidh finished the series as the highest wicket-taker with nine wickets, while Suryakumar Yadav (104 runs) was the highest run-getter.
- India were much the better side across all facets as the West Indies were again let down by their batting line-up, which, for the third consecutive match, failed to bat out the allocated 50 overs.
- Only a 47-run ninth-wicket partnership between Alzarri Joseph and Hayden Walsh, which followed a stroke-filled 36 by Odean Smith, reduced the margin of defeat for the visitors, who were seven down for 82 at one stage.
- Earlier, the West Indies bowlers, led byJoseph, had India three down for less than 50 on the board. But Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant provided solidity and were prepared to absorb pressure early in their partnership before opening up and playing their natural game.
- The pair added 111 runs for the fourth wicket, with Iyer making his ninth ODI fifty (80) and Pant notching up his fifth ODI fifty (56).
- Deepak Chahar (38) and Washington Sundar (33) made quickfire thirties that helped India go past 250 after being reduced to 187 for six in the 38th over.
- The victory was India’s 11th in 13 ODIs under Rohit Sharma’s captaincy.