Brief scores: India 184/5 (Suryakumar Yadav 65, Venkatesh Iyer 35*, Ishan Kishan 34; Roston Chase 1/23, Jason Holder 1/28) beat West Indies 167/9 (Nicholas Pooran 61, Romario Shepherd 29; Harshal Patel 3/22, Deepak Chahar 2/15) by 17 runs
Statistical highlights of India vs West Indies 3rd T20I 2022
- India whitewashed the West Indies 3-0 in the T20I series with a 17-run win at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
- It is the seventh time that India have secured a series sweep in the T20I format, while the series result also moved them up to No. 1 in the ICC men’s T20I rankings.
- The victory is India’s 101st in T20Is and their 13th against the West Indies overall in the shortest format.
- Suryakumar Yadav’s fourth T20I fifty (a 31-ball 65), and a 91-run partnership between him and Venkatesh Iyer (off just 41 balls), led India to another 180-plus, match-winning score. Suryakumar was at his innovative best as he hit seven sixes in his knock, while Venkatesh also combined power and batting smarts to ensure India accumulated runs at both ends in the last five overs that cost the West Indies 86 runs.
- Suryakumar bagged the man-of-the-match and the man-of-the-series awards as he finished second in the run-getters’ list (with 107 runs), behind Nicholas Pooran (184 runs).
- Chasing 185, West Indies lost wickets at regular intervals with only Nicholas Pooran, who made his eighth T20I fifty (61), playing an innings of substance to give his side an outside chance of achieving the target. A late cameo from Romario Shepherd, who made 29 runs off 21 balls, provided good entertainment. But India, with Harshal Patel picking three for 22, were always in control.
- The victory is India’s 21st in 25 T20Is under Rohit Sharma’s captaincy.